For Fun Friday // Styling a Nightstand
A nicely styled nightstand should not only reflect who you are but also needs to be practical and useful at the same time. Styling can be easier than you think. It takes only a few items and you can have a beautifully styled nightstand.
A few items that look nice on a nightstand:
- Lighting: This is a must have. Unless you have a mounted one on the wall already.
- Potted Plant or a Vase of Flowers: This helps bring the nightstand to life and it’s fun to add different pops of color.
- Clock: This is optional but a pretty clock can look really nice.
- Books: You can have as little as one or group them together.
- Photo/Artwork: Adds a personal touch and it’s always nice to look over and see a photo of something that means something to you
- Tray or Shallow Dish: Makes a nice spot to place your jewelry on.
- Candle: This adds a luxurious touch
- Random Decorative Object: This can be something that really expresses who you are and your style. Such as a beautiful geode, jewelry box or even a piece of coral.
- Create a balanced arrangement: Vary the height, sizes & shapes of the items.
- Create Layers: A smaller object placed in front of a larger one gives it personality.
- Make sure to keep it cohesive: Making sure everything coordinates with one another.
Have fun styling your nightstand! Remember, this is a place that you see when you first get up and one of the last places you look at before you go to bed make it beautiful and special.